Socks #8

27 August 2006

Socks #8 (so named because they're the eighth pair I've knitted)

Yarn: Opal Chameleon (a gift from limedragon)
Needles: 2.25mm bamboo DPNs
Pattern: My generic top-down pattern. Essentially a K3-P2 ribbed leg, slip-stitched heel flap and stocking stitched feet. Basic heel and toe

Thoughts:
This is the first time I've knitted with Opal sock yarn. It was great to knit with and is very comfortable on my feet. I believe there will be no colour bleeds and that I'll be able to throw them in the cold machine wash with everything else. I haven't washed them yet, so will get back to you.

I didn't want identical twins, so I've knitted one from the outside of the ball and the other from the middle.

In summary: I love em! Thanks again limedragon:o)

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

27.8.06 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Very nice socks! Its always nice to have some socks that you can just wash with everything else and not worry about it.

    By Blogger Jeanne, on 27 August, 2006  
  • They look terrific; I love the striping.

    Opal (I don't know about the handpainted, though), is great for machine washing, and does soften up too.

    Enjoy! : )

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 28 August, 2006  
  • My mother just bought me that very yarn for my birthday! How exciting to see the colors knit up. They look very pretty indeed!

    I'm currently knitting with some Opal in Denver Bronco colors to be my "football" socks. It is a little scratchy and I'm hoping they will soften up when washed. I anxiously wait on your verdict for this.....

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 29 August, 2006  
  • Thanks for all of the compliments :o)

    I did "throw" them in the washing machine with everything else and they washed beautifully. They "bloomed" (I *think* that's the right term? I mean that they "fluffed" up a little bit) and softened nicely so they're even comfier to wear.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 01 September, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink