One finished "WIP"

09 August 2006


Finished... socks for "Young Knitter".

Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit "Fun & Stripes" Fabre #631
Needles: 2.5mm bamboo DPNs
Pattern: My basic sock pattern, based on YK's foot (and some trial & error). There is some shaping down the back of the leg too

Thoughts: These were fun and relatively quick to knit. The stripes weren't as "crisp" as I'd thought they'd be due to the random "dark splotches" (which is the intended pattern of the yarn, but wasn't immediately obvious by looking at the original ball). The colours very nearly matched up... I was only out, at the end, by a length of about 5cm (I must have cast one on tighter than the other?)

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

9.8.06 :: ::
7 Comments:
  • They look great. I wasn't able to find that particular yarn on that site but there are others that are tempting. Did you order your yarn from that site? Did it cost you a lot for shipping?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 09 August, 2006  
  • Hi nattychick

    I've emailed you details about where I got it.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 09 August, 2006  
  • Your socks are absolutely gorgeous, what a fantastic job you did! I love these happy and cheerful colors!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 10 August, 2006  
  • Nice socks! Love the colors!

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 11 August, 2006  
  • Beautiful, bright socks. That is one lucky young knitter!

    By Blogger Unknown, on 12 August, 2006  
  • Nice socks - great colors!

    By Blogger Jeanne, on 13 August, 2006  
  • Thanks all! Luckily they weren't my size or I might have been tempted to keep them ;o)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 13 August, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink