FO

04 July 2006



Here's my most recent Finished Object.

It's the hat for the almost-8-month-old boy who loves to pull hats off as soon as you put them on his head! Being as it's winter here, he needed one that would stay on. I gave it to him yesterday; it fits and he wasn't able to pull it off LOL.

Specs:

Yarn: Patons Patonyle 4ply sock yarn (80% wool, 20% nylon) Col #4312. Lot #743218
Needles: 3.00mm Clover Bamboo DPNs
Pattern: I didn't really use one. I used this as a basis, but I used smaller needles and changed the brim as I wanted it to sit flat and not roll. The earflaps I made up based on measuring his ears.

Comments: Even though I measured, I'm still not totally happy with the earflaps. They probably could have been wider and the ear section a little longer. However, he does have small ears and the flaps do cover his ears, so I guess I'm just a perfectionist at heart LOL. I really like the i-cord. This is the first one I've done and I can see I'll be doing more.

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

4.7.06 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • VERY, very, very cute!

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 08 July, 2006  
  • This hate is the cutest thing I've seen in a while :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 09 July, 2006  
  • This hat! I can't spell!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 09 July, 2006  
  • Thanks ladies!

    Sandra, I'm not usually a confident pattern changer, but necessity is a great motivator. I couldn't find the pattern I wanted (at least not without paying $4.50 usd for the pattern and then $4.50 usd for the postage - for a pattern that was at most 2 pages!!!) so I had to make it up myself. Next time I'll make the earflaps wider, but other than that, I'm very happy with it. He can't pull it off and his Mum loves it, so that's all that matters.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 13 July, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink