They're done!

01 June 2006


Ta da! Here are the completed socks for my SYAC Spring Feet Sock Swap!

The yarn is Heirloom's Jigsaw 4 ply sock yarn. Colour #33. Lot #940.

I chose Heirloom because it's an Aussie company (even though this yarn was made in Italy), and as they're going OS (overseas, but I'm not saying where) I wanted to use yarn that was as Aussie as possible.

The pattern is from Issue #14 of Creative Knitting and I made a couple of changes. I used 2.50mm needles instead of the 2.75mm the pattern called for. I felt the 2.75mm made the rib too 'holey' and 'loose', after I'd knitted an inch or so. I also used the Jigsaw instead of Opal (Heirloom = Aussie and I know the recipient likes these colours... I hope!)

Anyway, they're ready to be packaged up and make their way via Airmail to their new home! I do hope she'll like them!

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

1.6.06 :: ::
7 Comments:
  • Oz, the socks are perfect. I wish I was your pal. But I know your pal will enjoy them. The stripes are perfect!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 02 June, 2006  
  • I wish I were your pal, too! The socks are fun and I think the lucky recepient will love them.

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 02 June, 2006  
  • Beautiful socks! Your pal is so lucky. I am looking forward to the yarn expo. sooo happy..

    By Blogger shanwen, on 03 June, 2006  
  • Those turned out really nice! I bet your swap pal will be a very happy pal!

    By Blogger Heather, on 05 June, 2006  
  • Thanks for the compliments, all! They're in the mail, so hopefully she'll have them before the end of the week. The suspense is killing me! LOL

    OzK

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 05 June, 2006  
  • They are awesome socks and I love the color! Thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 10 June, 2006  
  • Yay! Thanks for letting me know they arrived Jennipurr! I'm very relieved that they fit and that you love the colours.

    You're very welcome :-)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 10 June, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink