Dog + Knitting =

11 May 2006



This is what happens when a dog gets things off the table that he shouldn't!

This was a nice ball of yarn... now it's been dragged through the garden and tossed around. It's all knotted and contains bits of twigs and leaves. The needles, obviously, are beyond repair.

The owner of the knitting is a young friend of mine who I've been teaching to knit. This was their first knitting and naturally they were devastated to find what the dog had done. Luckily it's not the first time the dog's taken something he shouldn't, so some new needles and new yarn and the young knitter was happy again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My knitting isn't really going anywhere at the moment. The socks have been frogged and I've decided what I want to do, I just need a block of uninterrupted time to sit and work it out! I have been working on the scarf when I've had a few minutes, so that's nearly finished.

Lack of interesting television, lack of time and computer games have conspired to keep me away from knitting, but I'm hoping tonight or tomorrow night I'll be able to get moving on those socks, because I can't wait to wear them!

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

11.5.06 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Sorry...but that is too funny! My ate a whole plate of pork chops from the table top when we were out of the room once. He was one stuffed t-cup poodle! I'm glad your young friend wasn't too devastated.

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 12 May, 2006  
  • Oh No! Mine once stole a half knitted sock and broke my bamboo 2mm DPN. Unfortunately it was the 2nd sock so I finished on 2.5mm. It was self striping yarn so I have an unusual 'pair' of socks!

    Just as well we love our dogs!

    By Blogger Unknown, on 14 May, 2006  
  • Yikes! A whole plate of pork chops? I'm not surprised he was stuffed! LOL. I have to admit, it's funny in hindsight, but it wasn't funny when I looked out the window and saw him playing with the yarn and needles!

    He's a bit of a cheeky devil, but he is a lovely dog and he's so patient with the children, and now everyone knows to put knitting up high. At least know you have a funny story to tell with your unusual socks :-)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 17 May, 2006  
  • Wow, that is usually the work of a cat in my home!!

    By Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter, on 18 May, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink