Newest sock

18 April 2006

Here's my newest sock. A friend very kindly took this picture with the macro feature on her digital camera (thanks R!), so I've left the file a little larger than usual, so we can appreciate the stitch definition.

I'm using 2.25mm bamboo DPNs and my gorgeous Marta's Yarn (info here). It's so soft and a dream to knit with! The pattern is another from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. It has a long cuff (a K3, P2 rib) followed by stocking stitch.

I've just cast on the second one, and I'll knit 108 rows to match this one, then I'll decide if I want to make them longer, or not.

Hope you all enjoyed your extra long weekend!

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

18.4.06 :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Love the sock--bit I'm so impatient when it comes to the cuff, I'm all about the excitement of turning the heel!

    By Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter, on 19 April, 2006  
  • And which Nancy Bush sock is it, dear?

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 19 April, 2006  
  • I have to admit, by the time I get to the heel, I'm looking forward to do something different other than the leg pattern.

    It's the Gentleman's Plain Winter sock from Knitting Vintage Socks.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 20 April, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink