Ta Da!!

19 March 2006



Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

Yarn is Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch #707. Knitted on 2.25mm Bamboo DPNs.


My Reflections
~ I thought I'd matched the colours up, but alas, there's a "short" and a "long" red section. In hindsight, I wouldn't have had enough yarn if I'd decided to frog the second one in an attempt to match up the colours; I would have run out before getting to the toe.
~ Not mad on this toe. To me it's really pointy. So I probably won't knit this toe again.

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

19.3.06 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Nice colours in those socks.

    By Blogger Ruby Girl, on 21 March, 2006  
  • The rib pattern is perfect with the colors. Job well done:) It's one of my favorite rib patterns for multi colored yarn.

    By Blogger Abigail, on 21 March, 2006  
  • Hello! I'm really impressed with your socks. I'm a long-time knitter, but new to knitting socks, so anyone who can produce the finished article, pattern and all, has my admiration. :o) Well done. So what's next? Another pair of socks?? :o)

    By Blogger Terri, on 21 March, 2006  
  • Thanks ladies :o)

    Terri, these are just my second pair of socks, as I've only knitted 5 socks in total. I "discovered" sock knitting in January this year which meant I had to learn how to use DPNs. I don't think it's hard to learn, but you do need to follow the directions and have a little patience. I started with cuff-down socks and toe-ups were a nightmare, but I'm determined to at least knit one pair of toe-ups!

    So, have a go, and feel free to ask questions :o)

    Um err... the next project? All will be revealed tomorrow ;o)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 24 March, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink