More pictures

25 April 2006




The original photo of these socks (the one with the book) was taken with a flash, so I've been endeavouring to get one taken in daylight, as I think that gives a better idea of the colours. So, here are a couple of photos of the socks in sunlight. I think the first one gives the truest colour representation.

Haven't done as much knitting as I'd hoped today, so just one heel flap is completed.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise the wool details had dropped off the front page of the blog.

So, this gorgeous hand painted 100% Aussie Merino 2ply wool is from Marta's Yarns. This should be a direct link to the type of wool. However, there are many more colours available in the store than what's on the site. You can even create your own "mix" by having 2 different strands of 2ply wool wound together into a ball to give you your sock yarn (ie fingering weight).

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

25.4.06 :: ::
5 Comments:
  • Eeewwww...I really LOVE the colors! Can you share what sock yarn it is, pleeeeez?

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 26 April, 2006  
  • Hi Rebecca

    Sorry, didn't realise the details had dropped off the front page, so I've edited the post to add them.

    It's a 2ply 100% Australian Merino wool from Marta's Yarns that's been handpainted. I had 2 strands wound together to give me 4ply aka 'fingering weight' sock yarn (such as Opal or Regia).

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 27 April, 2006  
  • Hi from Austria! These socks are so gorgeous, such great and cheerful colors! Merino is so good to work with usually, I have to admit though that I haven't tried it yet for socks - but it seems so cozy and comfy! Great work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 28 April, 2006  
  • Beautiful, scrummy socks, and great pics!

    By Blogger Unknown, on 01 May, 2006  
  • Thanks! These are the first thing I've knitted with Merino and it's lovely to work with and the knitted sock is silky smooth and warm. I'm looking forward to finally finishing them so I can wear them!

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 02 May, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink