Mag Swap

26 July 2006
I recently took part in Mag Swap which was organised by Cotton Strudel.

I swapped with the wonderful Patricia who lives in Brazil.

She sent me a postcard from her city and a couple of Brazilian knitting magazines for babies... (click for larger images)

Magazines & postcard

I've already found some items I'd like to knit...

Like to knit #1 & 2

These cute shoes and the orange jumper. The jumper appears to be knitted by knitting from the bottom of one sleeve, across the front (and back) to the bottom of the other sleeve (so the cables run horizontally) and attaching this to the bottom (front and back) of the jumper which has a cabled section too (these cables run vertically). All in all, an intriguing pattern that I think would be fun to knit.

Like to knit #3

I also like this jumper. The light pink is stocking (stockinette) stitch and the dark pink is garter stitch. I think it would be quick to knit, with the colour/stitch contrast adding interest.

Like to knit #4 & 5

I love this hat and socks/booties. I know I don't usually knit lace, but I could make an exception in this case as I'm sure they make a wonderful gift.

Thanks Patricia for the magazines. I thoroughly enjoyed swapping with you and I'm looking forward to knitting the items I've talked about. Now to work on the translations ;-)

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

26.7.06 :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Dear OzKnitter,
    I'm glad you liked the magazines and found interesting items for you to knit. I can help with a list of useful vocabulary if you think it might help you understand better the instructions. If there's a particular word or paragraph you would like to have translated, please, let me know.

    By Blogger Bazar Manualidades, on 26 July, 2006  
  • Are your Brazilian magazines in English or Portugese? Hopefully, you will be able to read the directions. Sounds like it was fun!

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 28 July, 2006  
  • Thanks (again) Patricia! I'm sure I will need to ask you for some translations :o)

    Hi Rebecca, they're in Portugese. I can figure some of it out, and Patricia's kindly offered to help me translate ;o)

    It was great fun Amanda.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 08 August, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink