FO ~ Socks #15/2007

25 January 2008
J and I finally worked out what kind of socks I was going to knit her for her birthday. She requested "sockettes" and didn't mind what pattern I used.

Here's what I came up with...







Yarn: Cleckheaton Cocoon, colour #0003

Pattern: My own. I had J take some measurements and I went from there. After I'd finished the heel, I decided I wanted some kind of lace detail. So I browsed a bunch of books before I decided on "Crosshatch Lace" from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch (Ravelry link), so I used 3 repeats of the lace pattern, centered on the top of the foot.

Needles: 2.5mm DPNs

Thoughts: They were a fun knit. I stressed about whether they'd fit, but as you can see, they fit beautifully!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

25.1.08 :: ::
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink