Sockapalooza Socks!!!

23 October 2007
When I opened my letter box today, I found...



from my super-special Sockapalooza sock saviour Valerie! A GORGEOUS pair of socks...



The pattern is Deb Barnhill's Back-to-Basics, available in the Fall 07 issue of Knitty and the yarn is Fleece Artist (I *think*. Please correct me if I'm wrong Valerie). I'm fascinated by the structure of the socks; they're knitted toe-up and the gussets are on the top of the foot and the ribbing runs from the bottom of the heel flap to the cast-off edge. I'm definitely going to have to knit myself a pair.

As you can see, they fit beautifully and they're ultra-comfy. I LOVE the colourway Valerie chose - purples, navy and chocolate.

Valerie also included a some Project Info Cards and a skein of Fleece Artist's Nova Socks (a riot of glorious blues. So pretty!) The project info cards will definitely come in handy, just the right size to attach to a pair of gift socks (as Valerie did with my socks).

Thank you Valerie for my "Nova Scotia" package (Valerie, Fleece Artist and the sock designer, Deb Barnhill, are ALL from Nova Scotia!!!). Thank you for knitting me a beautiful pair of socks, for lovely sock yarn and project info cards, but most of all thank you for volunteering to be a sock saviour, I sincerely appreciate your time and effort.

Labels: , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

23.10.07 :: ::
8 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink