CATWKS received!

20 January 2008
My Christmas Around The World Knitters Swap parcel finally arrived!!!

My pal, Jennifer, mailed it from the US on December 14th, and instead of taking about two weeks (allowing a little extra for Christmas) it took about a month! My opinion is that the box arrived in Melbourne around Christmas/New Year and that it's been sitting in quarrantine waiting to be processed. I guess like many in Australia in January, they had lots of staff take their annual holidays *sigh*. I know it went to quarantine, because unfortunately they took out the pine sachet that Jennifer had included, but I still got to smell it when I opened the box.

Check out the riot of red/white goodies that Jennifer sent...



Candy canes, KnitPicks DPNs, a gorgeous stitchmarker, a sachet of SOAK (which I've been dying to try), CookieA's Mona sock pattern, some peppermint bark (absolutely delicious) and a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the, very pretty, Ruby River colourway. The Bearfoot is divine. How did she know that I've been searching for a wonderful red sock yarn? The last skein I ordered online turned out to be really pink (ugh!)



Jennifer knitted me a beautiful scarf. It's an ode to the candy cane and is a lovely crisp white and an glorious vibrant red. The yarn even has little glass candies in it!



Many thanks for my wonderful red and white Christmas swap package Jennifer. Thanks for all the time and effort that went into putting it together for me. I love it. It was definitely worth the wait!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

20.1.08 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • What a beautiful package. I find those swaps intimidating- I just don't think I could measure up to the creativity I see in others- my recipients would be disappointed. That is just beautiful!

    By Blogger sophanne, on 21 January, 2008  
  • Such lovely gifts & I am sure a lot of thought went into it - definitely worth the wait.

    By Blogger Ann, on 21 January, 2008  
  • Hi! Happy New Year! I am glad to hear that all is well. I am always a little concerned when I keep checking a blog and don't hear anything new for a while, but I did enjoy that really cute baby looking back at me every time. You CATWKS swap buddy is an absolute gem - I can't get over those little candy "beads" in the scarf - they are so cute! I am still waiting myself - the powers that be seem to think my swap buddy may be dealing with a roof collapse and other life events. I believe in the extended holiday plan, so I can wait. Would love to see your latest FO's though. You always have interesting yarns and patterns to look at. I'll check back again soon.

    By Blogger Karen, on 21 January, 2008  
  • Great package- hey you didn't bring that yarn along last night! It looks divine. I recieved a pair of Sockapalooza socks in Mountain Colours Bearfoot and they're divine to wear.

    By Blogger Di, on 31 January, 2008  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink