As promised...

03 September 2006
The other day I mentioned that my abso-damned-lutely fabulous friend Jaymi had sent me a box of goodies.

The customs dec said "yarn" so I had some kind of idea (or so I thought) what to expect.

I was greeted with...


I just LOVE that blue/purple one in the top right corner! It's SO gorgeous! I'm itching to cast on, but I'm going to have to teach myself how to knit "toe-ups" first, as I want to use every bit of the yarn. The one on the top left is actually a blue/white yarn that's a wool/cotton/nylon blend. The bottom left is a cream colour and will make some very funky socks. Love the blue/white colour blend of the one in the bottom right. I don't think it'll work for socks, but it will be fun to knit, so I'm on the hunt for the right project.

But wait, there's more. That was just the top layer. Underneath was...

COTTON!!! DISHCLOTH COTTON!!! Cotton that you can't get here!!! Man o man, you should have seen me jumping about when I found them! I'm still trying to work out how Jaymi knew what I was really wanting when I didn't even mention it to her??? (Maybe she really is psychic? LOL) Also, some really pretty yarn in autumn colours with a lovely copper shimmer.

I'm sure you'll agree, an excellent box of goodies, made even more special because they're not available here. Most of all they're special because they came from Jaymi and she knows me well :o)

Thanks Jaymi!
(Now, get knitting! :P LOL)

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

3.9.06 :: ::
8 Comments:
  • I got some Sugar n Cream a week or so ago, too. Isn't it funny how excited we can get over Dishcloth cotton? The Americans just don't get it, LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 03 September, 2006  
  • Excellent stash improvement! So that's what Sugar N Cream looks like. Enjoy the knitting.

    By Blogger Paisley, on 03 September, 2006  
  • Terrific yarn, and have fun with the cotton! : )

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 03 September, 2006  
  • Very nice yarn - can't wait to see what you knit up with it.

    By Blogger Jeanne, on 03 September, 2006  
  • Be careful! I know a few bloggers who are after Sugar n Cream!!!

    You'll whip up Toe-ups in no time!

    By Blogger Unknown, on 05 September, 2006  
  • Nice stash you lucky girl! How funny that you are so excited over Sugar and Cream yarn....are you going to jump on the bandwagon and knit some Ballband dishcloths (my latest obsession?)

    I've decided to learn how to do toe-up socks, too! We will have to keep tabs with each other.

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 06 September, 2006  
  • so many goodies!! is it expensive for that whole box?? i just got addicted to knitting last year and i realised it's an expensive hobby!! yikes!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 07 September, 2006  
  • Amanda ~ I agree; it's beautiful and she's a great friend.

    Donna ~ LOL yep, it's the little things that amuse us, especially if it's one of the MANY things we can't get here that Americans take for granted.

    Thanks Paisley. Interestingly, Cleckheaton used to import it and brand it as "Cleckheaton". I know, because I discovered that I'd knitted with it years ago, and that I still had the ballband. Wish they still did!

    Thanks Harriet!

    Thanks Jeanne. I've started a dishcloth (actually it's nearly finished LOL). Once I finish the baby jumper, I'll finish it off and post pics.

    FK ~ hehehe I've hidden it well ;o) I think I've just got to find the right cast on method for toe-ups. Last time I tried, I'd only knitted one pair of socks, so I'm hoping to be more successful now I've a few pairs under my belt.

    Rebecca ~ LOL. I'm always excited to get pressies, especially if it's something I can't get here. Which is the ballband dishcloth? Is that the Mason Dixon one? I've been admiring those, but I need to find the pattern before I can knit one. I'll email you about toe-ups, it'd be great to have the mutual support!

    Michelle ~ as it was a gift, I'm not sure how much the actual yarn cost. International postage is expensive (no matter if it's Australia - USA or USA - Australia) especially if sent via Airmail. I agree, knitting can be expensive (especially if you have expensive taste like I do LOL) but you can find bargains if you look. Plus, I like to knit socks so at least they're something that I'm going to actually use. Besides, if you divide the cost of the yarn by the number of hours of entertainment you get when knitting it up, it's really quite a resonable hobby.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 10 September, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink