FO ~ Socks #1/2008

24 March 2008
Where does the time go? Sheesh! Seriously, I need reminders to blog lol.

Here's the first pair of socks for 2008.





Pattern: My own

Yarn: SWTC's TOFUtsies (on Ravelry) in colourway #719 - Best Foot Forward.

Needles: 2.5mm DPNs

Comments: TOFUtsies is a fun yarn to use. It smells slightly of the sea, perfect for summer knitting. The socks are soft and silky to the touch and very comfortable to wear. Next time, I'll make the ribbing a little tighter.

Labels: , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

24.3.08 :: ::
5 Comments:
  • Hi -

    Can't say I share your enthusiasm for Tofutsies; too splitty for me, it means I have to watch my needles as I knit. Not TV knitting :)

    Is the heel flap full height? It looks a little short, but it might just be the loose ribbing, as you said.

    See you Wednesday?

    By Blogger Moorecat, on 24 March, 2008  
  • Nice socks. I do like Tofutsies too but just have to be careful when knitting because of the splitting.

    By Blogger Ann, on 26 March, 2008  
  • These are really cute socks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 27 March, 2008  
  • Very nice! I have not tried that yarn yet but have heard wonderful reviews about it.

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 27 March, 2008  
  • Thanks!

    I can't remember if there was any splitting, but I'll look for it next time I use Tofutsies.

    The heel flap is a little shorter than usual, as I wanted the socks to sit under the ankle bone.

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 05 April, 2008  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink