05/06/07

05 June 2007
Recently Barbara, editor of YARN magazine, put out a call asking readers to visit their local Borders to check that the new issue was on display at the registers (where it should have been). Visiting Borders is never a chore for me, so I was more than happy to check out a couple of stores.

As a thank you, Barbara sent me...



a set of 2.75mm Brittany Birch DPNs, 2 balls of Ornaghi Filati "Luna Park" in a fabulously bright colourway and 2 balls of Dale "Heilo" in a gorgeous red.

Many thanks for the wonderful surprise Barbara! I haven't seen either of these yarns before. I'm looking forward to knitting with them. The DPNs will come in handy too; they're perfect for socks.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

5.6.07 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • A fabulous gift for you. I love my Brittany Birch DPN's, and I mostly use that size for my socks.

    By Blogger Sue H, on 06 June, 2007  
  • You'll LOVE the needles, I'm so annoyed I lost one of my 2.5mm on the weekend! I dropped it in a restaurant but since satays had been part of the meal, I have no hope that they would still have it.

    Non related Q to the post- is a ball of Opal enough for knee length mens socks and infant socks to match??

    Lana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 06 June, 2007  
  • BORDERS? In Australia? I didn't realize they were in other countries. What a lovely gift you have there...perhaps you should try some TOE-UP socks...:-)

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 09 June, 2007  
  • Ooh, great booty! I love the coloured yarn - will be looking out for what you make with them :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 10 June, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink