FINALLY

21 May 2007
I'm back home again, on my computer, and I am THRILLED to hear that my Bloomin' Feet pal, Sarah, has received her socks; Canada Post finally deigned to deliver them!!! It's times like this I wish that parcels could tell you about their journey.

Anyway, here's what they look like...



Yarn: Merino Cashmere Sock in the "Moonlight" colourway from The Knittery
Pattern: Friday Harbor from Nancy Bush's Knitting On The Road

Thoughts: These were my first 'lace' project. At first I was going to knit Monkey socks, but the yarn/pattern/size didn't work, in my opinion. Flicking through KOTR I found the Friday Harbor socks. I particularly liked the fact that the lace continued down on the foot and that the leg had a ribbed section which allowed some stretch so I could sure they'd fit my pal's measurements. I also slightly adjusted the pattern by adding extra stitches to compensate for the fact that I was using fingering weight yarn. I kitchenered the toes, as I prefer that to just drawing the yarn through the remaining stitches and pulling tight.

If you'd like to see what else I sent, check out Sarah's post for more details.

Sorry they took so long to arrive Sarah! (Boo & hiss @ Canada Post!)

Thanks again to Amanda for hosting a great swap!

Labels: , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

21.5.07 :: ::
6 Comments:
  • The socks look so lovely - both the pattern & the yarn. I was thinking of knitting a pair of socks for a friend with yarn from the Knittery & now you confirmed it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    By Blogger Ann, on 21 May, 2007  
  • Beautiful! The pattern in so interesting - I like the slanty lace down the front. The color is delicious too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 21 May, 2007  
  • they were gorgeous!!!

    By Blogger clothesknit, on 22 May, 2007  
  • I have a couple of Knittery yarns, but seeing these gorgeous socks, I'll just have to get out the plastic card and do some shopping there again :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 25 May, 2007  
  • Love the socks, both the pattern and the colours.

    By Blogger Sue H, on 25 May, 2007  
  • Thanks for the compliments :o)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 27 May, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink