Yarn Aboard!

01 February 2007
Look who arrived here yesterday!!!



Lewis & Clark, courtesy of Yarn Aboard, all the way from Anna in Rhode Island. After travelling primarily in the USA, with a couple of sojourns north of the border to Canada, Lewis & Clark made the long, long trek down under to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Their cargo included...



~ a skein of Socks That Rock ~ Rockin' Sock Club "Rare Gem" mediumweight
~ a purple skein of Greenwood Fiberworks Cotton Lycra Stretch
~ set of Knit Picks DPNs 2mm/US #0
~ Lightfoot's pine soap (native to Rhode Island!)
~ selection of lip balms handmade by Anna herself!

How lucky am I? I'm absolutely delighted with my goodies.

I was thrilled to find a skein of STR., and in such a gorgeous colourway (I could very easily get addicted to STR).

My first Knit Picks anything! (They don't ship internationally) The needles feel nice and light, yet sturdy and I'm looking forward to knitting with them (they went to SnB with me last night and I had to fight off Catherine who wanted to take them home with her LOL).

The Greenwood Fiberworks cotton lycra is a yarn I'd read plenty about (on Grumperina's blog), but again, never seen. It's very stretchy and soft and I'm going to enjoy knitting it, I'm sure.

Having never been to New England, or even the USA, it's lovely to smell the Lightfoot's soap, which Anna assures me smells just like a New England forest, and imagine I'm there.

Lastly the lip balms. They smell absolutely heavenly (and delicious). It was a hard to decide which one to use first LOL. They're a perfect gift as I'm always using lip balms, but I've never had any handmade especially for me. Such a treat.

Many thanks Anna for everything!

Lewis & Clark are taking a couple of days to recover from their jetlag and enjoy Australia, before once again setting sail in the early part of next week. Where are they headed next? You'll just have to wait and see ;o)

Labels: , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

1.2.07 :: ::
4 Comments:
  • I'm so pleased you like it! I've been an AWOL blogger & it took me forever to get it sent out but it's good to see it made it!!

    By Blogger Anna, on 02 February, 2007  
  • That's awesome you got a Rare Gem! And I'm drooling over that purple... I'll have to watch for that color at GF's etsy shop. Looks like it was a fun swap! :)

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 02 February, 2007  
  • fantastic! i'm so happy you received some str and i know you'll absolutely love it :o)

    and should you ever want to order from knitpicks i'll be happy to receive it and send it your way...i've done it for a few other blog-friends.

    By Blogger clothesknit, on 02 February, 2007  
  • Hooray for pretty yarn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 04 February, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink