Socks ~ 2007's #1 & Contest reminder

09 January 2007


Here's my first finished pair for 2007. I cast on Dec 23 or 24 after I'd finished all my holiday knitting.

Yarn: Trekking XXL #109
Needles: Bamboo DPNs ~ 2.50mm for the legs & 2.25mm for the feet
Pattern: My standard sock pattern

Thoughts: I love the purple/navy/denim blue colour combination. Note to those who like to knit "identical twins" ~ it's not possible with this yarn (I suppose it would work if you bought 2 balls). It's the first time I've knit with Trekking and I don't think it will be the last (I have my eye on another, I think it's #78). It's a pretty soft fabric, compared to some others, but they haven't been worn (too hot here at the moment) or washed yet.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Contest reminder
There's about 24 hours left to enter. If you haven't yet, take a look here for the details. Good luck!

Labels: , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

9.1.07 :: ::
3 Comments:
  • They look great! I love me the trekking!

    By Blogger Jenn, on 09 January, 2007  
  • Those are little beauties!I love socks that are fraternal twins.Who ever said socks have to match?
    Have fun with the STR.I love that stuff.

    By Blogger LaVerna, on 10 January, 2007  
  • I'm here from Jenn's blog. Congratulations on finishing your socks for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 19 January, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink