Goodies

03 December 2006
A very dear friend of mine, S, recently sent me a box of gorgeous goodies all the way from Fringe in the US of A.

Behold... (and be prepared to drool all over your keyboard)


Mountain Colors Bearfoot ~ Wild Raspberry


Mountain Colors Bearfoot ~ Wildflower


Fleece Artist Merino ~ "Raspberry" (FA don't name their colours)


Fleece Artist Merino ~ Purples, teal, blue
Note: This particular colourway was chosen for me by S's super-gorgeous young assistant J. These are my favourite colours! Thanks J!!! (your Mum will give you a big hug, from me).


Pink Cottage Yarn (Exclusive Hand-Dyed yarn from Fringe)
[The colours are a little more subtle than in this pic. Lovely "Autumny/Fall" colours]

Austermann Step #05 (with Aloe Vera & Jojoba Oil)

Plus... a Mountain Colors "Ripple Socks" pattern and a couple of sets of ChiaoGoo Bamboo DPNs (size 1, 6inch ~ nice short ones).


Now as you can imagine, this Aussie sock knitter was (and still is) totally over the moon when she set eyes upon this lovely sock yarn that's not available here in Australia. It's super soft and marvellously squishy and I can't wait to knit with it. (Got to wait until the New Year though, then all the "secret" knitting will be finished)

I have to say thank you to Fringe, S's LYS (Local Yarn Store). S isn't a knitter (don't hold that against her!) so the lovely ladies at Fringe were incredibly helpful and as a result, everything is just what I would have chosen if I'd visited the store myself :D I'm positively green with envy that Fringe is so close to S lol (although I'm sure my bank account isn't!)

A HUGE thanks to S (and J)! I'm beyond delighted with my goodies.

Labels: , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

3.12.06 :: ::
5 Comments:
  • Very nice - I love the Bearfoot!

    By Blogger Jeanne, on 03 December, 2006  
  • Hey Jane, glad you enjoyed! J had a lot of fun helping, and playing with the gorgeous Ark they have there for little assistants just his age. Here's hoping they are as much fun to knit with as they were to squish...lol

    S

    By Blogger polheber2, on 05 December, 2006  
  • I think all the drool shorted out my keyboard. I love them all.

    By Blogger monica, on 07 December, 2006  
  • That's plain cruel showing all that loot! Oh, and you owe me a new keyboard. This one is now really wet!LOL!

    From 'The Green Eyed Monster'

    By Blogger Unknown, on 08 December, 2006  
  • LMAO I did warn you all about the drool ;O)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 09 December, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink