Socktober/November

07 November 2006
In honour of Socktoberfest I set out to see how many pairs of socks I could knit, for myself, during October.

Answer?
1x Opal Ladybug
1 x Regia Tibet
and half a pair of...


Opal Prisma

I would have finished this third pair if not for a hand injury (nasty, nasty scratch on my right hand right where the needle 'sits', that became infected *sigh*)

So now, they count as a pair of "finished in November socks" for SAM2.

Yarn: Opal Prisma #1195
Needles: 2.50mm & 2.25mm Bamboo DPNs
Pattern: My own, standard 2x2 ribbed cuff and the remainder in stocking stitch/stockinette. Short-row heel directions from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.

Verdict: First time I've successfully managed short-row heels. They're not perfect, but I can live with them and will try s-r heels again.

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

7.11.06 :: ::
5 Comments:
  • The socks look wonderful. How do you like the fit of the SR heel, or can you tell much difference?

    By Blogger monica, on 08 November, 2006  
  • They look wonderful! I have the same colorway in my stash. Yum. And speaking of Yum... your TimTam package arrived, thank you!!! I've sampled both flavors and really like them. We have nothing similar here. I'm saving one box to enjoy with my family during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. : )

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 10 November, 2006  
  • Your socks look great & the colors too! I have been thinking of trying Opal Prism & now looking at your socks, I know I must.

    By Blogger Ann, on 11 November, 2006  
  • I really like those colors! You keep finding such darned cool sock yarns!!!

    By Blogger polheber2, on 13 November, 2006  
  • TYVM :o)

    Monica ~ I haven't worn them yet. (I've tried them on etc but haven't worn them for a full day). It's been warm here (freezing today, but that's another story) and I find when it's warm and I wear my knitted socks with my Crocs they begin to felt on the bottom, so I'm trying to avoid that. They didn't feel different when I kept trying them on, but once I wear them, I'll let you know.

    You're welcome Harriet! Glad you're enjoying them :o)

    Thanks Ann. Have you got a pattern in mind?

    Thank you Ma'am :o)

    By Blogger OzKnitter, on 15 November, 2006  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink