Look Jaymi...

09 October 2006


My red socks, for the Red Sock KAL, are off the needles and on my feet!

Yarn: Opal Rainforest Ladybug
Needles: 2.5mm bamboo DPNs
Pattern: My standard sock pattern. In this case, I ribbed for 20 rounds, then knitted stocking stitch for a futher 65 before commencing the heel flap. I used a slip-stitch heel flap.

I had planned to knit a rib/baby cables combination on the leg, but it just didn't look right. So after frogging, I went for speed over fancy LOL.

This time I did something a little different when picking up the heel flap edge stitches. I came across this post/technique on Grumperina's blog the other day and decided I'd try it for myself. It takes a little longer, IMO, to do it this way, but it does give a very smooth result.

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

9.10.06 :: ::
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink