Day 7 - TdF07 ~ "Canterbury Dash" Socks

14 July 2007
Tour de France KAL 2007

Mesdames et messieurs, je présente mes nouvelles chaussettes "Canterbury Dash".



Pattern: Canterbury Dash (my own)
Needles: 2.5mm & 2.25mm DPNs
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Colortweed #1004
Thoughts: These were quick and fun to knit. I made the pattern up as I went along. The yarn looked 'greener' in the ball (I pulled it out for the stash to used for the TdF KAL, figuring I'd inspire Robbie to win lots of "maillots verts") so I was surprised at how 'blue' the socks turned out. Not to worry though, blue is one of my favourite colours, and I love the socks!


Now, beacause you asked...



That's the hole in my finger from the 2.25mm metal DPNs. I'm a "thrower" and I push the needle back with my left index finger, hence the hole. *sigh*

Now to decide what's next on the needles...

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

14.7.07 :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Congratulations on finishing so quickly! They look great.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 15 July, 2007  
  • congratulations on the finished socks. Formidable!

    By Blogger Meg, on 15 July, 2007  
  • Beautiful socks (I'd love to know the pattern!), and an injury, too! And it appears that you're knitting through the injury... go Vinakourov!

    By Blogger weaverknits, on 16 July, 2007  
  • They're fantastic, the stripes are very sporty. : )

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 16 July, 2007  
  • Lovely socks. I love the colours. Have you tried painting on some of that liquid bandage to your sporting injury?

    By Blogger Probably Jane, on 16 July, 2007  
  • Well done on the socks they are beautiful, love the name too!
    Hope you're finger feels better soon .

    By Blogger Ang, on 16 July, 2007  
  • The socks look great & the colors are lovely - blue is my favorite too!

    By Blogger Ann, on 18 July, 2007  
  • Hi there! Thought I would check in. Love the Canterbury Dasdh Socks. Hope you will publish them for all the world to knit.

    My socks using the yarn you sent (yes, it was a while ago) are probably two thirds done. I need to sit and do some concentrating and counting, and I don't get much of that kind of time. I decided on the Monkey pattern from Knitty and it is a real trip.

    Hope you are staying warm - I would happily send you a little of our spare heat about now! - Karen

    By Blogger Karen, on 16 August, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink