FO ~ Socks #5/2007

17 March 2007


Yarn: Lorna's Laces - Shepherd Sock ~ Lakeview

Needles: 2.5mm bamboo & 2.25mm birch DPNs

Pattern: The pattern is based on Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, but I made some alterations. Instead of doing leg decreases, I started with the # of stitches you decrease to and used a larger needle size, then switching to the smaller needles for the foot. I did my regular heel (with an eye of partridge heel flap) and toe. I had planned to continue the pattern onto the foot, but then decided it looked better plain.

Thoughts: I really enjoyed knitting with Lorna's Laces and I'll definitely be using it again. I've used this pattern before and it's fun to knit. The socks are nice and comfy too!

Labels: , , , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

17.3.07 :: ::
7 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink