FO ~ Socks #3/2007

22 February 2007
Thanks to Melbourne's weather (hot and/or humid) there's not been much knitting of late chez OzKnitter.

However, these are finished...



Yarn: A Christmas pressie. It's Pink Cottage yarn, exclusive to Fringe.
Needles: 2.50mm and 2.25mm bamboo DPNs
Pattern: Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
Thoughts: I loved this yarn! The subtle colour variations are a delight. When I first saw the yarn, it looked blue with occasional green and burgundy splotches. In actuality there are blues, greens, purples, pinks, burgundies and a little brown; simply gorgeous. Interestingly one sock is "bluer" and the other more "coloured", showcasing the reason why I, and many sock knitters, love handpainted yarn... no 2 socks are alike (even when knitted from the same skein).

These socks also 'work' for some of the KALs (Knit-A-Longs) I'm involved in...


~ these are definitely for me

Project Spectrum 2.0
~ they're blue

Socktopia
~ fit the theme "Life is like a box of chocolates…" I started out expecting blue with splotches but was surprised to find so many, and in some cases subtle, colour variations.

SockAMonth3
~ were finished in February

Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

22.2.07 :: ::
6 Comments:
  • The socks are great. I'm currently knitting the baby cable from the same book.
    I know what you mean with the heat/humidity. I've tried so hard to keep up with the knitting but my hands just get too sweaty and then the yarn sticks to me and the needles. Besides, not good to give sweat smelly socks/scarves/hats to others. hehe
    (qwarkus.typepad.com)

    By Blogger Sue H, on 23 February, 2007  
  • Pretty pretty pretty...teehee.

    By Blogger polheber2, on 23 February, 2007  
  • They look great! The colors remind me of beaches.

    By Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet, on 23 February, 2007  
  • pretty socks! i just did that pattern for hubby and loved it.

    By Blogger clothesknit, on 25 February, 2007  
  • Your socks are lovely.

    By Blogger Ragan, on 26 February, 2007  
  • Hey! I'm glad to hear the positive review for Pink Cottage. I was in Fringe last week and it looked gorgeous!

    By Blogger LesleyKnits, on 09 May, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink