Catch up

23 July 2007
The Fall 07 issue of Interweave Knits has lots of socks!

*****

Not much knitting has been occurring lately as I've been fighting a nasty cold. Hope to back to 100% soon!

*****

Go Cadel! He's looking good (in my opinion) and I've got my fingers crossed that he makes it to Paris in one piece (I'm not going to jinx him, so I'll just leave it at that...)

*****

Now... about that toe-up toe...

Ms Yarnivorous showed me the cast on. You basically wind the yarn counter-clockwise around 2 needles held together. No knots or provisional cast-ons required. The technique is also in the Summer 07 issue of Interweave Knits.

For the first toe, I *think* I started with 16 stitches on each needle. I discovered this was too wide so went down to 8 (as seen in previous post). I knitted the first round, and increased by knitting into the front and back of the second and second last stitches on each needle on the next round. I repeated these two rounds until I had the number of stitches I needed.

Hope this helps!

Labels: , ,


Copyright ©2006 - 2008 by OzKnitter. All rights reserved 

23.7.07 :: ::
7 Comments:
  • Thanks for the Interweave link! The socks all look great, but I think I *have* to make the Dickinson jumper!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 23 July, 2007  
  • Hope you are feeling better now.

    I have seen that cast on technique described and will eventually give it a go as I want to knit a toe up sock.

    By Blogger Sue H, on 26 July, 2007  
  • Love the Ambrosia Socks in the Interweave link... damn you for that link, I have too many projects on the go already!

    Re: the Tour de Farce; is there is anyone left riding? Between the spills, the accidents, the failed drug tests, the lying and the other scandals, I think an award will have to be granted to any cyclist who manages to finish the race still on their bike!

    By Blogger Marg B, on 26 July, 2007  
  • Your socks will be headed your way soon, I hope you love them!

    - Your Sock Pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 30 July, 2007  
  • And, those Interweave Socks are gorgeous, too!

    I nominated you for Rockin' Girl Blogger. Details are on my blog.

    By Blogger Rebecca, on 03 August, 2007  
  • Oh me, oh my! I absolutely adore my sockpalooza socks!!! They are absolutely perfect--fit, color, lace-pattern; everything is just splendid! You rock, OzKnitter! And I love the yarn that you included, I shall have lots of fun making socks with it. Pretty moth-chaser! Perfect for yarn storage! Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 12 August, 2007  
  • I'm commenting on ancient history - glad to hear you are doing better and that you are using the toe up trick I showed you! :-) Missing our get togethers...

    By Blogger yarnivorous, on 25 August, 2007  
Post a Comment
Home

OzKnitter :: permalink